NPR Report: 5 Key Facts Not Explained in White House COVID-19 Projections
Directions: Read the NPR article above and use the information to support your answers for one of the questions below. You do not have to answer all five questions, but all five of these questions will fuel the online discussion. You are encouraged to discuss several of these questions throughout the week. Post your responses to the blog page and respond to other blogs as they are entered by your classmates. This will serve as our class conversation assignment for the week. Drop in your thoughts as they occur, and keep updated with the news each day. Contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
1) The University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) have not considered the president's social distancing guidelines in their projections. They believe those guidelines are not reliable due to the various state policies. What is your opinion on the matter?
2) Are you more concerned with the first wave of COVID-19, the medical supplies, the medical personnel, or the second wave of COVID-19? Explain why.
3) States are currently leading the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. How has that approach been problematic to American citizens?
4) What do want to see from our National Government, and how do you assess the job of our local government during this crisis?
5) Who do you put your confidence in times like this, and why?